Greetings past and future Chariots,.
I’m ready to gear up for the upcoming CHAP XC season! So here is some basic info that will help orient all of you for the official beginning of our team practices for the Fall 2017 season.
1. Our CHAP Summer Running Club continues to meet on M,W,F at 4pm at Hawk Island to help any/all of our fall team members get in shape for the season. We’re typically done with summer workouts by 5:30pm, and drop-offs are welcome. Please come and join us to ease the pain of those first few weeks of official practice!
2. CHAP XC Practices will officially begin on Weds. August 9 (in only 2.5 weeks!!) Once again our primary practice location will be Hawk Island, but after the first few weeks we’ll begin to use some other locations around greater Lansing to keep things fresh and fun. Practices will generally begin at 4pm and end at 6pm, with the exception of Wednesdays. On Wednesdays we will begin at 3:30pm and end at 5:30pm to accommodate those involved in Weds. night youth group activities with their local church. As always, we expect attendance at a minimum of 3 practices/week, but the more the better… and especially for those running at the Sr. High Varsity level.
3. Registration will be online only this season, so I don’t have to collect so many paper forms. I’m working on updating all the links on our CHAP website and plan to have those finished later this week. All team members will need to submit a Registration form, a Medical Release form, and a Concussion Awareness form. I am also working toward making a pre-season sports physical mandatory (as with all MHSAA team). To help facilitate this I’m looking for help from some of our parent doctors if possible. If you’re qualified and willing to help make this affordable or free for our team members please let me know. Of course, families are welcome to use their own family doctor for this as well… the necessary form will be posted on our website.
4. Cost will once again remain at $100 per Jr. High team member, and $125 per Sr. High team member. There is also a family discount… a max of $250 per family. These costs are primarily to help cover the registration fees for the races we run in.
5. Be sure to review our team policies on the CHAP website, and let me know if you have any further questions. https://chapchariots.org/
6. Our season schedule and all meet results are posted on our Athletic.net team pages. Please note that the meet schedules for this fall are still in the process of being finalized, so I’ll let you know to recheck them again later.
Jr. High team page: https://www.athletic.net/
Sr. High team page: https://www.athletic.net/
7. Please feel free to pass this along to friends who may be interested in joining our team. Also, if you know you won’t be participating this season, please let me know so that I can remove you from this mailing list.
I’m excited to see many of you again, and to meet all of our newcomers!
You can reach me by cell at (517)214-9049 with any further questions.